It’s Your Practice: A patient guide to GP services has been put together by the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) for patients.
This guide has been produced as part of the RCGP’s aim to build stronger relationships between patients and their doctors and encourage the involvement and inclusion of patients in their own care.
The guide provides helpful information on all aspects of using GP services: from finding and choosing a practice and how to get the most out of a GP consultation to accessing health records and understanding patients’ rights and responsibilities.
The guide has been split into several sections including:
- General Practice explained
- Choosing the right practice for you
- Registering with a GP practice
- Seeing your GP – consultations
- Seeing your GP – the next steps
- After your GP consultation
- Your health record
- Your rights and responsibilities as a patient
- Get involved with your practice
Click here to download the ‘Patient Guide to GP Services’